The next OBN Senior Executive Breakfast event, taking place at SCI in Belgravia on Thursday 21 September. The event will include insight and a round table discussion on the topic of:
‘Are Biosimilars and Biosuperiors the generic equivalent to small molecule therapeutics, and are they an opportunity or threat to the Biotech Industry?’
Biologics with estimated sales of $100 billion will come off patent by 2020, presenting major commercial opportunities for the development of Biosimilars and Biosuperiors. The speakers will share their expert views on the potential growth and significant hurdles facing the wide-scale development and commercialisation of this emerging industry, including:
- When is a biological ripe for development as a biosimilar? Where’s the competition?
- Identifying and streamlining the technical and regulatory process in producing commercially viable BioSimilars
- The ‘Biosuperiors proposition’ – pros and cons
- Routes to commercial success – re-educating existing markets and/or aiming for new territories?
- Risk mitigation strategies
The speakers will share some success stories from major players in the Biosimilars and Biosuperiors market and will also address whether Biosimilars will impact the future market for novel biologics and inhibit the opportunities for R&D Biotech companies.
08:00 Registration and breakfast
Dr John Harris
CEO of OBN (UK)
08:40 Keynote presentations
Partner, Patent Attorney, Venner Shipley
Director General of the British Biosimilars Association (BBA)
and the British Generic Manufacturers Association (BGMA)
Beatriz San Martín
Partner, IP and Technology, Protection and Enforcement, Fieldfisher
Head of Speciality UK, Sandoz
09:20 Q&A and delegate round-table discussions
10:00 Wrap up and close
SCI Headquarters, 14/15 Belgrave Square, London, SW1X 8PS
OBN Member: Free
OBN Non-Member: £25+VAT
Our Senior Executive Breakfast Clubs are a unique peer-to-peer networking platform for life sciences senior execs with all discussions held under Chatham House Rules which ensures full, frank and useful disclosure.
- Aimed at the Senior Executives of R&D companies and Investors
- Contact email@example.com for clarification if you are unsure if you qualify to attend or if you would like to suggest other people to invite
We look forward to welcoming you on the morning.
- Register for this event
14/15 Belgrave Square
London, SW1X 8PS